🔎

• 2

• 1170

• See other questions tagged:
    • cooking

How do you cook and season Kamut?

Img_0836-001_(1)

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

Are you using kamut berries or ground kamut? If the former, you can boil with water and salt until tender (~40 mins) and use in a pilaf or as a foundational base for any sort of grainy salad (tossed with dressing, chopped fruit and/or veggies, cheese...). If you've got dried berries, you can also grind them to make kamut flour which you can use as you might other flours. Kamut is related to wheat, has a nutty flavor and is quite rich nutritionally.

Wholefoods_user_icon

Dana Villiers is the cooking coach at Whole Foods Market Pearl Street in Boulder, Colorado.

Soak them first. If not over night, a few hours. It makes a world of difference for the texture of the end result. Heres a recipe of mine that is amazing! http://boulder.wholefoodsmarketcooking...... I cook it 1 cup Kamut to 2 cups water. When the grain just starts to split its done. so keep an eye on it anywhere from 30-45 minutes