🔎

Quick Salad Challenge! Dinner invitation tonight, I have kale, red leaf lettuce, almonds, grape tomatoes, lemons, and I could go to store. Ideas?

I am thinking of massaging some kale (I have never done this before) and adding the rest. Make a lemon vinaigrette. Toast the almonds. Do I need to buy anything?

Jc_profilepic
Monita_photo

Monita is a recipe tester for Food52 and a trusted source on General Cooking.

Sounds delicious. Goat or feta cheese crumbled on top might be nice

Jc_profilepic
Sadassa_Ulna added over 1 year ago

I also have bacon

susanm added over 1 year ago

agree with the goat cheese. now, you just need some sort of crouton...toast some bread in olive oil...better yet, toast cornbread!

Jc_profilepic
Sadassa_Ulna added over 1 year ago

Great I will skip bacon but get cheese, THANK YOU!

08270410avatar_messbrasil
mensaque added over 1 year ago

I love kale salad(raw).Slice it really thin on a mandolin(did i spell it right?),also add thin tomato and onion slices,salt,black pepper,olive oil and vinegar.Let it set for 30 min,to kind of cook the kale on the vinegar.More than that it will become kale soup.

08270410avatar_messbrasil
mensaque added over 1 year ago

To slice the kale more easily roll the leaves like a cigar.

Image

I'm loving the toasted bread crumb idea. Toss them in at the last minute so they stay crunchy.

Jc_profilepic
Sadassa_Ulna added over 1 year ago

I like the toasted bread idea too! I am already bringing baguettes and I will suggest we toast some of it up. If I had time I would have done toasted cornbread, that sounds terrific.