🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

HELP: have spent all day making Chanterelle's seafood sausage. Can't get it into casing.

What can I do with this gorgeous seafood mousse? How else can I cook it? In ramekins? I will be making a beurre blanc to top it off.

Emily is a trusted source on General Cooking.

asked almost 2 years ago
Dsc_0048b

Emily if you don't get an answer try tweeting Mrs. Wheelbarrow!

Could you use plastic wrap as a casing for each sausage, poach and chill as directed and then proceed with the recipe? I'd hate for you to lose all that lovely seafood! healthierkitchen is right tho...try messaging Mrs Wheelbarrow for expert advice.

Img_0836-001_(1)
em-i-lis

thanks y'all. i was thinking about cooking them as a flan, then tweeted mrs wheelbarrow and she said to cook as bain marie terrine. all prepped now! HUGE thanks. inpatskitchen, YES...i was going to just die if i'd had to lose the seafood. it's my husband's birthday, and i had everything so well prepared except for cross-referencing the casing diameter with my pastry bag tips. AAAARGH!

I was about to offer up my sausage stuffer that's collecting dust in my basement but that would've required you trekking all the way to Arlington. Clearly, everyone here is much better at trouble-shooting than I am. Glad you found a good solution! : )

Img_0836-001_(1)
em-i-lis

thank you, emily! i have a sausage stuffing attachment but it utilizes a grinder/strainer thing (my brain is no longer functional today), and i hated to do that to the beautiful chunks of lobster and such studding the mousse.
as an aside, i'd love to meet you sometime. we are so close to one another. :)

Cathybarrow_allrecipes_%c2%a9_2014
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a trusted source on Pickling/Preserving.

Hi Emily, I'm glad we connected on Twitter. Placing the mousse in a terrine, and then into a bain marie (Place the terrine in a roasting pan and slide into a 325° oven. Pour boiling water around the terrine until it's about halfway up the sides of the terrine.) As inpatskitchen said, you can also use plastic wrap to form "sausages" and poach in a deep pot of water set at a slow simmer.

Img_0836-001_(1)
em-i-lis

y'all, the bain marie was a perfect solution. looooovved these wonderful treats tonight. many thanks!