🔎

• 4

• 723

Grilled Fennel flatbread

In the recipe for Grilled Fennel Flatbread with Olives and Sultanas (http://food52.com/recipes...), it goes right from talking about the first rise to the second rise, with no indication of what's supposed to happen in between. Am I right that the dough should be punched down after the first rise?

Sadie_crop
Fsm
trampledbygeese added about 1 year ago

To me, it looks like it should be punched down then possibly rest for a few min before loosely shaping the dough into a ball and placing on a well floured plate.

Although, my personal feelings on using a floured surface for a second rise is that you risk dark streaks in the finished bread. I would usually use a bit of olive oil to lightly coat the dough and then cover it with a dry towel and let it rise. But I'm terrible at not following directions to the letter, so feel free to ignore my opinion on this matter.

Sadie_crop
Diana B added about 1 year ago

You gave me more to think about, Trampled, so I'm further ahead than I was! Thanks for your input.

Fsm
trampledbygeese added about 1 year ago

Hope I didn't give you too much to think about.

It looks like a yummy recipe. Sort of a cross between a flat bread and a pizza. The bread part looks pretty easy to make, it's the toppings that I would have trouble with. I think I'll give it ago if I can get the fennel, goat fetta and olives.

Sadie_crop
Diana B added about 1 year ago

I'm not sure what's meant by a cube of feta, anyway, but I don't think it's crucial. Just buy what's available where you are and put on as much or little as you like.