🔔
🔎

Chocolate Frozen Yogurt Recipe Needed

We're in need of a straightforward chocolate frozen yogurt recipe, with a strong chocolate punch. The Friend and I are still living in Central Asia, and we regularly make our own yogurt and ice cream, so we have the equipment and ingredients. The Friend has a serious sweet tooth, and is a chocolate fiend. I'm looking for something a bit lighter than his current favorite, coffee ice cream w/crushed Oreos and chocolate sauce, for weekday dinners.

asked by Melusine almost 2 years ago

Not frozen yogurt, but the chocolate sorbet in David Lebovitz's book "The Perfect Scoop" is amazing. See food52.com/blog/3680_david_lebovitzs_chocolate_sorbet for the recipe and mouth-watering photos.

Two alternatives I might suggest.
1) Heston blumenthal method: whipping chocolate and water for mousse-like texture... I've refrigerated but can't vouch for freezing texture
2) frozen bananas food-processed/masticating-juiced into ice cream + cacao powder (good with lucuma too)

I forgot... If you're in Asia, you might have easier access to durian which certainly has a custard-y texture