🔎

• 3

• 537

A question about a recipe: Roasted Fennel & White Bean Dip

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Fennel & White Bean Dip" from singing_baker. Thoughts on making this vegetarian and replacing the parm on top with toasted breadcrumbs

012511f_302
nutcakes added about 1 year ago

Thanks for pointing to this recipe, it sounds really tempting. As far as I can tell, it is already vegetarian, using no meat. If you wanted to make it vegan, I think you are on track to use breadcrumbs. Toast, perhaps toss with olive oil and finely chopped nut of choice? I think the nut may add the deep umami note that will be missing when there is no Parm. Hey, let us know.

Buddhacat
SKK added about 1 year ago

Love this recipe and have made it many, many times. Not clear about your question because this is a vegetarian dish. No meat anywhere. If you mean vegan, the breadcrumbs won't come close to adding the flavor of the parmesan. The cheese gives it a creaminess and a unique flavor. If you do use breadcrumbs, recommend you add more olive oil.

ATG117 added about 1 year ago

yep, meant vegan