🔔
🔎

Oops... I forgot to boil the fresh lasagne noodles and assembled the dish... Any idea if it is entirely ruined?

asked by aujourdhui almost 2 years ago
Susan.streit
carbonarasuz

Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52

This happened to my family, recently, on Christmas Day. Sometimes when my mother and I cook together it becomes too many cooks in the kitchen, and she refused to boil our freshly-made pasta sheets despite my insistence. The edges/corners of the lasagna were just fine, but the more we tried from the middle of the dish the pasta unfortunately tasted like raw dough. What size is your lasagna? We made a very large one for the holidays, 15" X 10". Perhaps a lasagna in a smaller dish would be more likely to cook off the raw flour flavor.

A 9 x 9 pan ... Not big... Have read some cooks use the fresh without boiling... Made them very thin ... Was hoping to serve tomorrow but will cook/ reheat so the noodles don't dissolve he he

I recently made canalloni with very thin home made pasta that I had not pre-cooked. I made the sauce cover the pasta, sealed the dish with foil to capture any steam & only uncovered when it was cooked for a moment under the broiler. The result wast perfect!

Farmer's_market

I agree with ChefJune - I typically use fresh noodles for lasagna, not only because they're tasty, but because they spare the boiling step. I love recipes that make a virtue of being lazy!