Is icecream Cuisinart maker the same as gelato maker from De'longhi? Which one is better. Any better icecream makers on the market?

asked by KKool over 1 year ago
Gator_cake

Cook's Illustrated did an equipment review on ice cream makers in 2010. The best one was the Whynter SNÖ Professional Ice Cream Maker with a price tag of about $331. The second place, and best buy, was the Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker, model ICE-21. They did not review the De'Longhi.

I have the Cuisinart myself and I'm quite happy with it except for one minor detail. It only has a 1 1/2 quart capacity (which may not matter to you). Because you have to freeze the container overnight I looked into purchasing a second, backup container. For reasons I still don't understand Cuisinart couldn't help me. The machine is inexpensive and quiet compared to the old style ones where you had to add rock salt.