Best if used by dates

My baking powder is "best if used by Mar 2006" and who know when the Worcestershire sauce wandered into my life.. 20 years ago perhaps? Am I killing my family?

asked by Demington over 1 year ago
Monita_photo

The baking powder won't be effective so I wouldn't use it. If the Worcestetshire sauce has been opened but you don't know when, I wouldn't use it

Baci1

For the baking powder, test a spoonful in a glass of water. If it still fizzes vibrantly, then it's still good. The Worcestershire sauce should be trashed since it's been ~20yrs.

While I certainly would continue using either, I wouldn't panic. Your family was fine before you realized and they'll stay that way. Plus, don't forget, mushrooms are nothing more than fancy fungus spores and mold is a fungus too lol.

Waffle3

I forgot to mention that refrigerating things like Worchester sauce will prolong their useful lives considerably. The cold slows down the loss of flavor, nutrients and oxidization. Won't do anything for baking powder though...