🔎

• 3

• 613

Do you find any flavour or health benefits from using coconut oil?

darksideofthespoon added about 1 year ago

I JUST made this:
http://mynewroots.org/site...
It was my first time using coconut oil, and I'm pleased to say it gave the bread a really nice, subtle, coco-nutty scent. Not overpowering by any means, but it's there.

Magoo added about 1 year ago

I have recently made a vegetable dish with coconut oil and found that if I would have added the same amount of vegetable oil, that the dish would have had an oiler texture and heavier oil flavour. As it turned out the dish was light and all the flavours were clean tasting.

Zo-9
Zozo added about 1 year ago

I love it to par-cook veges or tofu or meat for Asian dishes, especially Thai curries. Coconut oil is also fantastic with chocolate (esp if you use both butter and coconut oil in baking). I've found brands vary a lot in terms of the intensity of coconutty flavour too so if you try one and don't like it, don't write off coconut oil forever!

Also find it great on my skin and (if you start out with a few drops) hair as leave in conditioner :)