🔔
🔎

Can someone please recommend a brand (or brands) of quality, functional childrens' cooking tools?

My 15-month old son is interested in cooking, and I'd like to purchase some spoons and other tools with short handles. I'd prefer to stay away from plastic, if possible. Thanks in advance!

asked by mwb over 1 year ago
P1291120

With my children I always gave them adult versions and those seemed to work just fine. Having said that, if you are interested in wooden spoons, mine have a variety of handle heights, so you can find what you need at any reputable cooking supply store.

I agree with SeaJambon on wooden spoons. But 15 months? Whoa! I didn't start cooking until I was six which is when I also quit smoking. Wood is good.

Flower-bee

Kuhn Rikon has a line of kids kitchen gadgets called Kinderkitchen. The brand is Swiss so you can expect them to actually be usable for cooking as opposed to being toys that looks like tools. You may have to look around a bit to see who carries more of them; Amazon currently seems to have only a few.

3-bizcard

I agree with Droplet about the Kuhn Rikon, I bought cake and cookie decorating kit from them, I also purchased beautiful wooden utensils from Williams Sonoma which are perfectly sized for little hands, it included wooden spoons, rolling pin, whisk and a few other items. The kids loved them.

Mwb_-_crater_lake
mwb

Thanks!

Mwb_-_crater_lake
mwb

Thanks!

Ikea actually has a set of functional and well made tools for kids.

Bek

I agree with using adult equipment and small wood spoons; but Ikea does have amazing cooking tools for kids/teens. I think it's great because young kids love color and they learn to love something, (like cooking) initially by intriguing and fun materials. This works especially when catering to young children. I say, as long as there are no sharp knives or blades involved, and the child shows interest, go for it!