🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Vanilla Rooibos Tea Cookies

Qbhjzeylk4gy7zkchaiuzhv5zpig163enwkuxjo1drc

I have a question about the recipe "Vanilla Rooibos Tea Cookies" from Rivka. A few questions about ingredients

asked over 1 year ago
Chris_in_oslo

Whoops, I didn't actually ask the questions! I just made these cookies for the first time today, and there is no question but that they are keepers. I love their crispness and both the vanilla and the rooibos.

But while they are on my mind, I had a few questions. For one, why the 1/4 cup plus one tbs sugar? I would guess from what I'm tasting that 1/4 would be enough. And why the powdered sugar? I always feel like I can taste a bit of off flavoring when powdered sugar is in a baked good. Is it included for texture? Could a little cornstarch or potato starch be a partial substitute. And finally, the teeny bit of milk--is that really needed? Did you just feel you needed a little moisture, and would a little water be just as appropriate? Thanks, they are absolutely delicious, but I know you've given the recipe a lot of thought and wanted to come along for the ride.