🔎

Great salads/entrees, desserts for an epic Oscar Party-Keep in mind I'm 25 and on a slight budget, (though I'll sacrifice for great food)

Oscar Party Winning Recipes

Image
ZombieCupcake added about 1 year ago

Strawberry, almond slivers and spinach salad with a nice light balsamic vinegar, smoked salmon and you could do brownies in a cupcake pan to make them individual servings sprinkled with fleur de Sal

Maedl added about 1 year ago

How about a selection of food popular in Hollywood during the 1940s and 1950s: cocktails, for sure, Caesar and a few other salads from the era, avocados, oranges, etc. Google some of the popular retaurants like Chasen's or the Brown Derby, for ideas. Aim for glamor and glitz!

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added about 1 year ago

Chopped BLT salad come to mind.

ATG117 added about 1 year ago

I think you can have a lot of fun by making interesting pizzas. Buy the prepared pizza dough you can get in a refrigerator aisle a and top with things like creme fraiche, lox and chives; prosciutto, figs, and, goat cheese; ricotta, spinach, and garlic; carmelized onions and gruyere. Options are endless and you can serve a large green salad, soup (butternut apple or another favorite), and chocolate mousse for dessert. (I think mousse is making a comeback.)