YEAR-ROUND LOVE. GIVE MOM A GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING. SHOP NOW »

What is your best version of ANY item from Border Grill or Ciudad restaurants? I always wanted to create excellent Mexican apps and dessert!

9c82e4b5 08e9 4e2a 994b b3b50edbadd0  47365 what is your best version of any item from border grill or ciudad restaurants i always wanted to create excellent mexican apps and dessert thanks

Border Grill recipes (your version).

asked by Bek about 3 years ago
51d6debe 8184 4f26 9614 c25e2aa571c3  p3200173

Bek, I absolutely love "The Too Hot Tamales", Susan and Mary Sue and I've been going to their restaurants since literally before you were born. Way before Ciudad they had City Cafe on Melrose, a tiny space where they were doing some of cooking outside on a hibachi which happens to be a code violation. I always send friends to Border Grill and every body loves it. But I can't actually think of a signature dish. Personally, speaking only for myself, I see cooking as a process of reverse engineering. I'll taste something that I love and then try to figure out how the chef did that. You might check out the LA Times website and go to "dining". Russ Parsons edits a terrific but sadly shrinking food section. Do a search there and you might find something like "adapted from" Border Grill. Good luck in your quest.

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

they also have done a few cookbooks that you could check out.