🔔
🔎

Can I substitute all purpose flour for pastry flour? It's for Banana Nut Bread (recipe calls for whole wheat pastry flour)

asked by LizzyRose over 2 years ago
8425a5f0-773c-4ccd-b24e-9e75b44477a8.monita_photo

It's not one-for one but it can be substituted, Here's a link to help with conversions
http://www.joyofbaking...

B3038408-42c1-4c18-b002-8441bee13ed3.new_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Do you have the nutrition data for the all-purpose flour, stating the weight in grams per cup? They actually are very close. Bob's Red Mill pastry flour, which I suspect is as close to "standard" as any, has 120 grams per cup. Pillsbury All-Purpose has 125 grams per cup. If you can weigh your ingredients, then adjust accordingly. (I don't know what amount is called for, so I can't do the math precisely.) If you are measuring by volume, reduce the all-purpose flour by two teaspoons per cup of whole wheat pastry flour called for. And if you are using an A-P flour with a density other than 125 g / cup, then please let me know and I'll walk you the calculation. ;o)