🔔
🔎

Piglet purchases

Assuming you were to purchase (2) books from the piglet, which two would you buy?

asked by LLStone over 1 year ago
Chris_in_oslo

Burma and Jerusalem

Those are good ones! Burma looks great, and I have Jerusalem and love it. Due to limited space (and I need to do a purge as well), I'm considering A Girl, and Salt, Sugar, Smoke. I'm interested in what the Piglet followers might buy if getting two. Thanks.

Dsc00859_2

Agree with Greenstuff. In fact I almost did buy them today. Although Bouchon is also very tempting.

Cimg0737

I would like to own the Bouchon Bakery Cookbook and Roots. However, I am also very intrigued with Japanese Farm Food.

Dsc_0048b

I aleady have Jerusalem and Burma and love both. I'm now thinking about Roots and Japanese Farm Food. That said, I don't generally bake and I don't cook much meat, so I'm less inclined to own Bouchon or Girl (though I'd love to page through them once or twice). I'm also interested in Gran Cocina Latina which was one of he community reviews

036

I am probab;y going to get A Girl and Her Pifg and, ironically, the Tofu one

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Since I was gifted Jerusalem by my sweet husband, defiently A Girl & Her Pig & Japanese Farm Food. The Smitten Kitten cookbook - completely bored me to tears, although I love her blog.

Gran Cocina Latina - I'd kind of forgotten about that one. I need give that a look, too. I love the idea of Tofu, too - totally devoted to one subject, but I'm not sure I really like the subject that much! I should try more of it, though.

Dsc_0048b

I found a copy of Tofu at my local library!

I already own Burma, but would love to have Smitten Kitchen and probably Japanese Farm Food.

Gator_cake

I've purchased salt sugar smoke and Roots thanks to the Piglet. I've also picked up Ripe thanks to the Piglet community picks. I paged pretty intensely through most of the candidates, and it was really hard to just chose 3!

Do you like Salt, Sugar Smoke? I'm really considering it - I'd love for you to tell me about it and why / if you like it.

Gator_cake

I love it, though have only had it a week or so, and haven't yet cooked from it. There are at least a dozen things I want to make from it and the photos are simply gorgeous. If you're at all interested in preserving anything I imagine you will like it.

I am very interested in all of that. Yes, I will most likely love it! Thanks.

Dsc_0048b

Her earlier cookbooks are wonderful, too!

Moi_1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Girl and Roots