🔎

Piglet purchases

Assuming you were to purchase (2) books from the piglet, which two would you buy?

Chris_in_oslo

Burma and Jerusalem

LLStone added about 1 year ago

Those are good ones! Burma looks great, and I have Jerusalem and love it. Due to limited space (and I need to do a purge as well), I'm considering A Girl, and Salt, Sugar, Smoke. I'm interested in what the Piglet followers might buy if getting two. Thanks.

Dsc00859_2
creamtea added about 1 year ago

Agree with Greenstuff. In fact I almost did buy them today. Although Bouchon is also very tempting.

Cimg0737
cookinginvictoria added about 1 year ago

I would like to own the Bouchon Bakery Cookbook and Roots. However, I am also very intrigued with Japanese Farm Food.

Dsc_0048b
healthierkitchen added about 1 year ago

I aleady have Jerusalem and Burma and love both. I'm now thinking about Roots and Japanese Farm Food. That said, I don't generally bake and I don't cook much meat, so I'm less inclined to own Bouchon or Girl (though I'd love to page through them once or twice). I'm also interested in Gran Cocina Latina which was one of he community reviews

036

I am probab;y going to get A Girl and Her Pifg and, ironically, the Tofu one

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added about 1 year ago

Since I was gifted Jerusalem by my sweet husband, defiently A Girl & Her Pig & Japanese Farm Food. The Smitten Kitten cookbook - completely bored me to tears, although I love her blog.

LLStone added about 1 year ago

Gran Cocina Latina - I'd kind of forgotten about that one. I need give that a look, too. I love the idea of Tofu, too - totally devoted to one subject, but I'm not sure I really like the subject that much! I should try more of it, though.

Dsc_0048b
healthierkitchen added about 1 year ago

I found a copy of Tofu at my local library!

I already own Burma, but would love to have Smitten Kitchen and probably Japanese Farm Food.

Gator_cake

I've purchased salt sugar smoke and Roots thanks to the Piglet. I've also picked up Ripe thanks to the Piglet community picks. I paged pretty intensely through most of the candidates, and it was really hard to just chose 3!

LLStone added about 1 year ago

Do you like Salt, Sugar Smoke? I'm really considering it - I'd love for you to tell me about it and why / if you like it.

Gator_cake

I love it, though have only had it a week or so, and haven't yet cooked from it. There are at least a dozen things I want to make from it and the photos are simply gorgeous. If you're at all interested in preserving anything I imagine you will like it.

LLStone added about 1 year ago

I am very interested in all of that. Yes, I will most likely love it! Thanks.

Dsc_0048b
healthierkitchen added about 1 year ago

Her earlier cookbooks are wonderful, too!

Moi_1
QueenSashy added about 1 year ago

Girl and Roots