🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: Chinese Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Kale and Apple Slaw

Dyrttpnbk2uz3gdl6umtrsybjus4nb9waqywp1zjkve

I have a question about the recipe "Chinese Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Kale and Apple Slaw" from vvvanessa. Can this recipe be made in a slow cooker or the other extreme....a pressure cooker?

asked by sticksnscones over 1 year ago
Pict1821

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

One of the commenters had success with a pressure cooker. Pimimond said, "I made this as directed...EXCEPT that after I browned the meat and added the rest of the ingredients, I MADE IT IN THE PRESSURE COOKER!!!! IN 17 MINUTES! After I skimmed the meat out of the broth, I cooked the broth down in the pressure cooker while I shredded the meat. Family LOST THEIR MINDS. BIG THUMBS UP!"

I would say go with the slow cooker. I prepared a similar Chinese dish a few weeks back. It takes about 6-7 hours but it comes out right with a nice unctuous sauce which you won't get from a pressure cooker. Be sure to brown the pork ahead of cooking.