🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Creative Input Please! - Crostata Crust

I have a bounty from this week's CSA - so for dinner I want to make a crostata - my thought is roasted sliced sweet potatoes and beets, then some buttermilk creamed beet tops, kale and collards. The crust - I would like to include cornmeal, and maybe olive oil? And ... what ... an egg? White Wheat flour? Do I also need butter?

asked over 1 year ago
Sausage2
fiveandspice

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

I would use a blend of cornmeal and ap or white wheat flour. Just cornmeal would get too crumbly, I think. If you're using olive oil, you probably don't need any butter. You'll need ice cold water. If I'm using oil in a crust instead of butter, I like to whisk the oil and water together to suspend the oil in a slurry, before adding it. I don't think you need egg, except if you want to use an egg wash. I also like to add a spoonful of Greek yogurt/sour cream to crostata crusts. It give them a nice twang and I've found it really helps with the flakiness. I've never tried doing that with using olive oil, though.

3-bizcard

Aargersi, here is my recipe for crostat, the crust is simple and really delicious. ttp://food52.com/recipes/14183-crostata-with-mixed-greens

036

Thanks you guys! I am excited to eat dinner - and it's 10 am :-)