I'm not the author of the recipe, but I have happily frozen uncountable cheesecakes over the years, and they freeze and thaw perfectly, with no change in texture. To freeze, be sure to double-wrap securely in plastic, and to thaw, move to the refrigerator overnight.

How_to_make_a_custard_part_1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

Yes, just make absolutley sure the cheesecake has come to complete room temperature before heading into the freezer as Cynthia suggests. I prefer to chill in the fridge before moving into the freezer-- less of a shock to the cheesecake's system this way, and a recently-out-of-the-oven cheesecake can be a delicate flower.

Thank you, Shuna; I neglected to mention that I do the same - refrigerate for 24 hours before freezing. I also cool it completely to room temp before refrigerating, then freezing.