🔎

• 6

• 749

• See other questions tagged:
    • Career

anyone have a idea on where to look for a cooking job, or know anyone who is looking to hire

Chef_chris

And you live where?

...and you could also go to Craigslist.com and search your area. Look under "food-hospitality". There are tons of jobs out there, the majority of which are part time. But, if you are willing to work a hot line and work your way up...

Chef_chris
christopher sutton added about 1 year ago

i live in new york looking to relocate

Gobblegobble
Elizabeth Rex added about 1 year ago

I second Pierno. Check out craiglist in the area you'd like to move. Also, another possibility, but less reliable: depending where you'd like to live, you could check out eater.com for restaurant buzz (I'm assuming you don't want to work at any old place), send those places a resume and try to score a stage. They might not be hiring, or might not hire you, but you'll get an idea of what certain restaurants are looking for/kitchen dynamic/employee chemistry.

Buddhacat
SKK added about 1 year ago

When you choose where you want to live, you go to restaurants and beg to do anything they have. You also hang out after hours where chefs and prep people hang out and get to know them and tell them what you are interested in doing.
Pierno is right.

FutureChef added about 1 year ago

Look on the listings on eater.com as well... or jut pick a restaurant you love and go sorcerer's apprentice style.