🔎

A question about a recipe: Chez Panisse's Potatoes and Onions Roasted with Vinegar and Thyme

I have a question about the recipe "Chez Panisse's Potatoes and Onions Roasted with Vinegar and Thyme" from thirschfeld. Frozen Pearl Onions - I have frozen pearl onions that I would like to use instead of fresh. Can someone instruct me how to do so today so I can re-heat the dish for Passover tommorrow? Many thanks.

Dsc_0001_1_(2)
Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added about 1 year ago

FYI - I plan on increasing the quantity to serve 20 adults.

Flavor_drizzles_art
Flavor Drizzles added about 1 year ago

sexyLAMBCHOPx – I would recommend that you add the “frozen” onions with all the raw ingredients when baking (before reheating stage). The onions, in addition to being a delicious part of the finished dish are a seasoning aromatic of the roasted potatoes. Do not thaw the onions, before adding. This is a wonderful dish. I have been serving it regularly on my dinner table, since “thirschfeld” first shared the recipe. My only experience with reheating them is the occasional leftovers for lunch the next day…but, that’s not very often; as they disappear quickly.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added about 1 year ago

Great advice, Flavor Drizzles. Thanks so much for the help. Preparing now!

Me_in_munich_with_fish
petitbleu added about 1 year ago

Frozen pearl onions are an incredible blessing! I'm not sure how many hours of my life I've spent peeling those things, but it's way too many.
I agree with the above--no need to thaw before using.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added about 1 year ago

A blessing indeed! I'm making some other dishes as well and the thought of peeling the suckers is daunting. I was confused about thawing! Thanks!

PaulaE added about 1 year ago

I have only regular yellow onions, on the small side, so I'm going to try this dish using them instead of the specialty onions.