🔔
🔎

A question about a recipe: No Knead Country Loaf

Fresh_bread

I have a question about the recipe "No Knead Country Loaf" from Beth Kirby | {local milk}. Can I use any whole wheat flour here?

asked by meganvt01 over 1 year ago
New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

You should be able to! I'd substitute about 25% at most, for the first round, and use bread flour for the balance, as you'll need the extra gluten. And I'd add substitute a few tablespoons of rye flour, too, for extra flavor! (It won't taste like rye, but will bring out the sweetness in the whole wheat and make the loaf taste great!) But wait. This assumes that you are weighing the dry ingredients. Will you be doing that? If not, I'll need to check the relative density of the two flours to give you an accurate response. ;o)

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

That should be "I'd substitute a few tablespoons of rye flour." ;o)

Meg_b_f52

Fantastic - thanks AJ. I will be weighing my dry ingredients and I am super excited to try this.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Let us know how it turns out! I'm planning to make it as well, but using one dramatically different technique (one I use when working with sticky flatbread doughs), about which I'll report later. ;o)