🔔
🔎

has anyone froze homemade spagetti carbanara before with sucess? bearing in mind it has no cream in it.?

asked by Lemongrass over 1 year ago

Sorry but why on earth would you want to? It takes just as much time to prepare it as to defrost and reheat it. No! Don't do it!

Technically I suppose you could freeze and microwave a carbonara back to life, after all Stauffer does it. It certainly is not going to improve it. Unless you like coagulated eggs.

Junechamp

I'm guessing OP has leftovers (s)he wants to save for later. I would also advise against it. I can't imagine it would turn out any other way than gummy and overcooked (after you reheat it). The egg coating on the pasta doesn't sound appetizing after freezing. Maybe that's just me, but...

Baci1

I would repurpose the carbonara. Make a spaghetti frittata like this one, http://honestfare.com/leftover...
Sauced pasta is almost never good the next day, even refrigerated. Cooked pasta soaks up any liquid around it and you have dry pasta that's not all that tasty. The frittata is versatile and you can add any ingredients that you like, eg. sundried tomatoes, sausage, spinach, etc. Plus it's very good and can be stored in the fridge, not sure about the freezing though.