panini press for grilling pork chops?

asked by Lorenza over 1 year ago

Sure why not. I do it all the time

If there is enough heat to cook a pork chop...why not!

Junechamp

I'm all for repurposing appliances. Who has room for every one?

I grilled those chops to perfection! Kitchen renovation provides inspirations for alternative cooking methods. My kitchenette/laundry room is equipped with fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, slow cooker, and panini press.

Representing the porkaholic faction, I will dissent. There are too many things that can go wrong. The biggest risk is that you will end up with a really dry chop. And it depends on the cut, as in which part of the pig has been used. While I'm all for repurposing appliances I'm a skeptic because I understand what it takes to cook good pork, and a panini grill is a pretty much one dimensional appliance. That succulent pork fat needs figure in and you can't deglaze a panini grill. It's not just about heat. If it's a thick chop you can try brining it. For a thin chop, french the bone and possibly pound the flesh part thinner with a mallet. A slow cooker will produce a tastier pork chop than a panini press. Certainly better than a coffee maker, if you see where I'm going...