Leftover peanut butter icing

I have leftover peanut butter frosting from cookies I made on Friday, about a cup's worth. Any ideas on how I can use it?

asked by WannabeBaker about 2 years ago

Uh, I promise I only entered this question once. Sorry for the repeats!

L1020855

You are not alone with the IT/technical posting quirks of posting questions or responses.That being said, the leftover icing can be used for cookie or brownie filling for sandwiches or can be chilled to firm it, and then dipped in melted chocolate for "buckeye" candies. I'll bet it could be good ice cream topping if slightly melted .It also would make good ice cream sandwich filling or topping.

most of the time, I don't think extra frosting is worth saving. But, if you still have it, you can surely make a mall batch of cupcakes, whoopee pies, or sandwich cookies. Make a perhaps too decadent french toast, by topping off the finished product with frosting and sliced bananas. That's all I got.

Image

Agree on the whoop pies, chocolate waffles or pancakes

Image

Banana chocolate chip whoopie pies