FOOD 52 COOKING GATHERINGS

We love FOOD 52. We live on a Farm in Sebastopol, CA. Our place is made for cooking. Is it possible to gather some FOOD 52 fans in the area for a regular cooking day....and eating of course....OK and even a little wine just to go along with the food....from FOOD52 recipes....is that possible?

asked by Jack May over 1 year ago

I SO wish I lived in CA!

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

You bet! I'm in. Totally in. (I was the person who, in November 2009, bravely (some would say crazily) posted on the fledgling FOOD52 that I'd like to organize a potluck, which I did within a few months -- the first of many FOOD52 potlucks around the country since then.) I live in Piedmont, but would gladly drive north for this. I'll be in touch via the messaging system through your profile. ;o)

Cristina-014-web-final

Absolutely! We are having a potluck in Brooklyn in a few weeks for no other reason than to cook, eat, and drink with fellow Food52ers!

I'd be with you and sdebrango in a heartbeat if I could!

Moi_1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I am in NY and would love to join...

3-bizcard

QueenSashy would LOVE to have you join our little gathering in Brooklyn the end of this month and Cynthia, what I wouldn't give to cook with you one day. Wish we lived closer.

We will one of these fine days!

Hilary_sp1

This sounds so amazing.
I am alone :( ! My attempts to get a Day/Cin/Kentucy get together have failed. I swear there has to be some Food52ers in these parts? Right?

I'm sort of in your parts - Evansville IN. I'm willing to drive, though! Where are all the Mid-westerners? :)

Sadie_crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Hilarybee, it would be nice if we could sort the membership list regionally, wouldn't it? Although I suppose not everyone puts that kind of information on their profiles...

Junechamp

well now, if youwere having it next Wednesday, I could come. I will be in your neck of the woods all day that day! and that would be lots of fun. I would even bring some Iron Horse...

2007-09-11e-s4

Anyone else interest in northern New Mexico, southern Colorado or the Texas panhandle?

Yes, I would be interested in Colorado. The daughter lives there, and a visit could easily be arranged.

And, WileyP, could I bring my dogs along? 2 border collies by the names of Poppy and Esmé.

2007-09-11e-s4

Cynthia, my pal Chon said you may bring Poppy and Esmé so long as they'd like an open pasture to run in, critters to herd and a cool running river to relax in afterward! Oh, and if you will give me a lesson on baking bread at 8,000 feet! I'll drop you a pm...

One of these days, Wiley, we and have some dogs and some serious cooking & baking to do. Baking anything at 8000' is mostly math and a bit of technique.

And a lot of dog.

Alas, I won't be heading your way any time soon, WileyP -- I'm not a dog person but a cat person, and my cats wouldn't enjoy the trip. But I do live in Montana in a city that's about a mile high, and do a lot of bread baking. The deal with yeast breads at high altitude seems to be that the dough rises more quickly -- so you need to check for doubling sooner. I've never had to make any adjustments in yeast bread recipes -- other than the usual changes in amount of flour added that you'd make at lower altitude. I know a mile high isn't 8000', but I imagine the issue would be similar. Wish you all happy travels and the pleasure of each other's company -- and of fresh-baked bread.

Where in Montana are you!

2007-09-11e-s4

Louise, we'll miss having you drop in, but I will certainly try some yeast breads again, now! I did end up with some pretty nice burger buns a couple weeks ago, but have had one h--l of a time getting a good loaf of bread. Perhaps I just needed someone to tell me it can be done to get my confidence up. Thanks!

We're in Denver...not quite so south, but would welcome any travelers for an edible gathering!

And here again is the map we started...http://bit.ly/Loazoy . Some folks had trouble with it (you can see all the unclaimed markers) but it is a good start.

3-bizcard

Wish I were close to Denver, would love to meet you!

Ditto Suzanne. I still have a fair amount of family in New York and we are way overdue for a visit. I will be sure to give a warning shout next time we book a trip!

3-bizcard

Oh yes, please let me know. I met Gingerroot when she and her family came here. Do give me a shout out!!

2007-09-11e-s4

Savorthis, Denver is certainly within my range...especially if it means meeting, cooking with and getting to know some of the great Food52 foodies!

Cimg0737

I usually travel to the Denver area in July or August to visit family and friends. If a food52 gathering ever took place in Colorado in the summer, would you all mind keeping me in the loop? Would so love to meet and eat (and cook and bake!) with more food52ers -- there aren't so many in western Canada yet. :)

I'm in Butte, Cynthia