🔎

How do i make spaghetti squash?

Monita_photo

Monita is a recipe tester for Food52 and a trusted source on General Cooking.

Like butternut squash or pumpkin, roast it in an oven set to 375-400. Depending on the size it could take from 30-60 min. You'll know it's ready when you can pierce it with a fork. Cut is open and you'll find strands that look like spaghetti. Scoop those out. You can use it any way you'd use spaghetti -- flavored butter sauce; savory tomato sauce; combine with vegetables or seafood

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Roasted, like Monita says. I usually cut mine in half and remove seeds and guts before cooking, then roast in pan, cut side down. Also, if you make Marcella Hazan's tomato sauce to go with it, it will rock your world. http://food52.com/recipes...

dymnyno added about 1 year ago

Sometimes when I am in a hurry(often) I cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds and put the halves cut side down on the microwave and just nuke it for about 6 minutes. Then check to see if it is soft. If not, nuke for a few minutes more and until done. That is if, like me, you have a microwave and are low on time to finish the dinner.