🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Art opening edibles

Our custom furniture shop is participating in the spring art tour this weekend and I'd like to put out some easy edibles. I am usually great at making recommendations to others, but in the interest of not over doing it (as I did last year), I figured I'd ask the community. Here are the parameters....

We never know how many people we will get as we are on the outer fringe of the district so I don't want lots of things in case only our family shows up :)

This being spring in Denver, it could be hot or snow.

I have a fridge and can replenish, but don't want to bother with heating.

I don't want to put in too too much time before or during.

We will have several growlers of beer from the various breweries in our neighborhood.

Our clientele is pretty high end so I'd like something good, but I am not aiming to impress with super fanciness.

Go!

asked by savorthis over 1 year ago
Image
3-bizcard

Fig and blue cheese savouries http://food52.com/recipes... They are delicous!

These have always looked so good. I will give 'em a go!

Image
Image
Junechamp

Will y ou have waiters passing some of the appys, or will it all be spread out on a table, buffet style?

This makes me laugh because it is a woodwork/welding shop so it will be spread out, most likely, on a giant slab of wood. Unless I can get our welder to don an apron...other than his welding apron...which also makes me laugh. So definitely a 'help yourself' affair.

Image

The savories are great and very easy. There was a contest of "open house food;" I love the cocoa pear crisps that were runners up if you can still get pears. http://food52.com/contests...

Dsc_0048b

These chevre devils are delicious and fairly quick and easy: http://food52.com/recipes....

Dsc_0048b

Oh, and these, which I made recently and couldn't be easier if you do them with smoked salmon instead of making gravlax:
http://food52.com/recipes....

both these and the chevre devils were tasty later on as leftovers too!

Junechamp

Yes there really is an abundance of creative appys on this site you can choose from!

Baci1

Blinis topped with a dab of creme fraiche, salmon caviar, and a spinkling of chopped chives. You can use cucumber slices in place of the blini and it will still be fancy looking, as well as inexpensive and easy to assemble.

Dscf0009

I pipe a mixture of cream chz, blue chz & chopped fresh rosemary on to dried apricots. You can do it ahead and refill with ease.

Dscf0009

Oh yes, I forgot. I top the blue chz apricots with an almond. Smoked salted ones are particularly good.

Dsc_0048b

one more for you, but this requires some baguette slices

http://food52.com/recipes...

Ooh- we used to do a smoked trout canape with horseradish cream and fig preserves....definitely a contender!

036

Are you OK with folks dipping things up themselves? I am a big fan of a vat of pate then alongside some dishes with capers, cornichon, nice mustard, chopped boiled egg, chopped onion. I make this:

http://food52.com/recipes...

And if they're dipping anyhow, you could do a lemony white bean dip as well. And maybe some marinated chopped up asparagus.

I love the idea of a "vat" of pate. I do not mind the self service. Last time I made a rainbow of dips : cuminy carrot, garlic white bean, lemon edamame etc. It worked well but it was a little much in preparation. I think I will settle on a dip/spread or two and maybe a smoked fish platter with various accoutrements...

Farmer's_market

Having attended many open studio events and openings over the years, I can say for sure that anything you offer beyond cheap wine and bland cubes of cheese will be much appreciated! (Even at fairly high end one!) All the appetizer suggestions look great - you don't say what time of day, but assuming guests will show up throughout the afternoon and/or evening, I'd also add a few sweets to your savory line up - plates of homemade cookies, brownies cut small, whatever you like to bake.

Ha. I agree. I used to work at an art gallery and was just getting into cooking more and was pretty appalled to see everyone wolfing things down without a thought. Agree on the sweets. I was going to make these mini doughnuts this weekend depending on timing, but the dulce de leche cheesecake squares above look pretty good too. The tour itself is 12-5 then everyone will end up at a couple of the larger venues for an after party. I'm considering a crock pot of queso too since I just made a vat of chorizo...not so fancy but who can resist a pot of melted cheese?

Junechamp

Here's another goodie - Scallop Mousse - you can make in one large mold or I like to make them in mini Madeleine pans so they come out in individual little scallop shells.

Junechamp

oops, I forgot the link to the recipe! http://food52.com/recipes...

036

Pot brownies. With actual pot. Loosen up the crowd and the purse strings :-)

Heh. It is legal here and we ARE amidst several grow houses here in RiNo....In fact High Times had some massive pot party a few blocks from here on the 20th. There were military helicopters circling all day. Kinda eerie. I think we'll stick to the craft beers.

Charcuterie plate with cheeses, gherkins, and good olives. (crackers, and mustard).
A couple of quiches (one with ham and spinach, another with just asparagus) served with a some easy bagged mixed salad in a vinaigrette. The precooked boiled shrimp on ice and cocktail sauce.
Fruits, wine and beer. Fall back plan: you'll have sandwich meat,
quiche and shrimp left over (keep a spare bag in the freezer for quick defrosting is lots show up--and some extra fancy crackers and cheese)