🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

Baked a sweet potato pie this morning. Left it out to cool and forgot it for 6 hours. Refrigerated after that. Am I going to give my guests food poisoning?

asked by franniebee almost 4 years ago
Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Is it a custard pie?

Yes, if you're asking if it has eggs and cream in it.

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

It would take at least 3 hours to fully cool and you would have had to wait until it was fully cooled before chilling it. I can't guarantee that it's safe, and you obviously need to use your own judgment, but if I did the same, I would serve it.

This is one of those possible but highly unlikely scenarios. I can't think of any bacteria in eggs or milk that survived baking.

Dsc03010

Been there, done that, nobody died. I'm sure you don't have a thing to worry about, but just in case, maybe you should sample a little sliver of it. : )

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

yep, i'd serve the pie too.