🔎

• 14

• 3169

Ideas for leftover pancakes?

Image
Monita_photo

Monita is a recipe tester for Food52 and a trusted source on General Cooking.

You can freeze them and have it for another Sunday breakfast

If you want to "re-purpose" your pancakes, try tearing them into bite-sized chunks and making bread pudding with them. It might be a little heavier than using regular bread but it's a thought.

Dsc_0028
cookbookchick added 11 months ago

You have leftover pancakes?? ;-)

amysarah added 11 months ago

When my kids were young, I always intentionally made extra pancakes for a weekend breakfast, then froze them, 2-3 together, depending on their size, for weekday breakfasts. You don't even need to defrost - you can nuke them in the microwave right from the freezer.

jmburns added 11 months ago

We regularly have a pancake or two leftover on Sundays. We put them by the bird feeder and enjoy watching the birds feast on them the rest of the day.

jmburns added 11 months ago

We regularly have a pancake or two left over. We place them next to the Bird Feeders and enjoy watching the birds feast on them the rest of the day.

PazzoNico added 11 months ago

Use them as the bread part of a breakfast strata. Include some breakfast sausage and/or bacon, maple syrup, obviously egg, etc. Sort of a continental breakfast all in one...?

Pegeen added 11 months ago

I agree to just freeze them. Or two pancakes make good layers for some scrambled egg or fried egg - a nice, messy sandwich. Just cut in half. Even with some melted cheese on the eggs.

Gobblegobble
Elizabeth Rex added 11 months ago

You could make dorayaki. They'll probably be bigger than normal dorayaki, but they'll still be delicious. I'm assuming these are plain pancakes, without inclusions like blueberries, or ricotta cheese or anything.

Ozoz_profile
Kitchen Butterfly added 11 months ago

Use them like tortillas to made Quesadillas, with cheese and ham. See http://food52.com/recipes...

Fortunata added 11 months ago

I usually freeze them as well, but sometimes I save some in the fridge to make something like a peanut butter sandwich.

Open-uri.23763
SeattleDee added 11 months ago

Crepe_purse_with_mushrooms_from_canon_june_06__2012_18_v2 I like to thin any leftover batter and make crepes - they're really just thin pancakes, right? It works with sourdough pancake batter and Swedish pancake batter.

Imag0055
mainecook61 added 11 months ago

The dog loves them.