🔎

• 4

• 885

Gator_cake

Nope. She means a baking sheet. The cake will be thin, like for a jelly-roll. That way when you quarter the cake you'll get the four pieces for making layers.

Fc_macaroon_830

Joanne Chang is the pastry chef/owner of Flour Bakery+Cafe and chef/co-owner of Myers+Chang in Boston.

yes exactly thanks for the clarification!

Fc_macaroon_830

bhivedesign added 10 months ago

Bostoncream I used the baking sheet (more of a jelly roll pan as I am learning) and all worked out perfectly. I've attached a photo. My 90-year-old mother declared it the most delicious thing she ever had the privilege of eating and my husband not only ate it for breakfast (he said it was alot like an eclair and why not?) the next day, he requested it as his birthday cake. Thank you Ms. Chang and hardlikearmour and Food 52 for helping step outside of my kitchen comfort zone.