🔎

• 2

• 679

• See other questions tagged:
    • cronut
Pict1821

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

I'm sorry your question hasn't been answered yet - you could also try sending a private message through the author's profile page: http://food52.com/users...

How_to_make_a_custard_part_1

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

If you think they has more "proof" in them after you cut them out, it's rarely a bad thing to let them continue on. But oftentimes that first dunk of hot oil will push them out a bit further. It's really just up to the yeast in the dough-- if it's been exhausted already, it won't proof anymore, but instead just come to room temp more, which sometimes makes a yeasted thing lose its shape. When I'm questioning a dough I'm making I'll often just do a test on the spot. I'll freeze some cut, and try again later. Or I'll try and proof a few a bit more. Every time I make yeasted anything it's a little different!