🔎

A question about a recipe: Brooke Dojny's Blueberry Snack Cake with Toasted Pecan Topping

I have a question about the recipe "Brooke Dojny's Blueberry Snack Cake with Toasted Pecan Topping" from Genius Recipes. Can you use buttermilk in place of regular or lowfat milk?

Food52_07-10-12-0641
3-bizcard

You may have to add some baking soda along with the baking powder. I am not an expert on ratio's maybe someone else will see this who knows. The recipe only calls for 1/3 cup milk and 1 tsp baking powder. I read that you are supposed to reduce the baking powder and add in the same amount of baking soda when subbing buttermilk for sweet milk. In this case I don't know how much

Jc_profilepic
Sadassa_Ulna added 10 months ago

Found this online: "For each cup of buttermilk used in place of sweet milk, reduce the amount of baking powder by 2 teaspoons, and replace with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda."
Therefore you would use 1/3 teaspoon baking powder and 1/6 tsp. baking soda with the 1/3 cup buttermilk. I would try it - buttermilk makes everything better in my opinion!