🔎

A question about a recipe: A Tribute to Woody (Homemade Ginger Ale Float)

I have a question about the recipe "A Tribute to Woody (Homemade Ginger Ale Float)" from inpatskitchen. weight for the ginger

060711f_301
inpatskitchen added 9 months ago

Hi ejm! I've never weighed the ginger in this but according to a UK site I found I think the half cup of ginger would weigh about 2 ounces or 50 grams. Here's the link
http://www.cookipedia.co...

Trena added 9 months ago

Hi ejm - while inpatskitchen is definitely the expert here, I just made this recipe for the first time yesterday and wanted to let you know that it's very forgiving. I doubled the recipe and stacked the ginger slices generously twice into the 1/2 cup measuring tool. Also, I made sure the ginger was very fresh and snapped when I broke it off. You will not be disappointed. This is an easy and delicious recipe. Also, make sure to use really high quality vanilla, I was pleasantly surprised how much the vanilla flavor came through. I make my own and it paid off in this recipe.

inpatskitchen added 9 months ago

Definitely agree with Trena! A little extra ginger is no problem and good quality vanilla is essential!

ejm added 9 months ago

thanks guys, also for the new resource. sorry for my brevity, typing one handed with a broken wrist these days - the ginger ale will be a nice treat!