🔎

A question about a recipe: Almond Joy Candy Bars

I have a question about the recipe "Almond Joy Candy Bars" from Kristin Rosenau. This may be an odd question, but I'm wondering if you could use the magic shell recipe for he coating. Would it stay hard, or would it soften at room temp? The only reason I thought of it was that you're coating frozen candies. Thanks

Img_0831-2
Hilary_sp1
Hilarybee added 9 months ago

Hi beejay-

I think you are going to have to lessen the amount of coconut oil to get the coating to be firm on the candies. I would try whisking 2 or 3 tablespoons of room temperature (solid) coconut oil into the tempered chocolate and proceed dipping. The more coconut oil, the more liquidy the chocolate coating will be. And I think the less likely it will behave like ganache.

beejay45 added 9 months ago

Thanks, Hilarybee! I guess what I should really do is not be so lazy and just make the ganache. Always trying to save a step, but it doesn't always work.