i need to make a (preferably simple, cheapish) meal for 10-12 people who don't like anything too cheesy, greasy, or spicy. there also needs to be a vegetarian option, so the whole thing could be vegetarian. ideas?

asked by melizza almost 5 years ago

Are you looking for a one-pot dish? Meat or fish? Give us some more details and will try to help.

How about a butternut squash or mushroom risotto using veg stock?

I've made this, and it's really tasty.

I'm with merrill on the risotto. This is a great, very simple recipe that you can make as is, or add veggies: I've left most of the Parmesan out of this dish before and served some on the side so it can be sprinkled on.

When I'm serving people who like things pretty simple, but elegant, I'll serve that risotto with these beans on the side (you can make it with canned beans and cut out most of the time): http://www.cookingwithpatty...

I make it more colorful with one more simple dish: oven-roasted broccoli. In an oven safe skillet, drizzle olive oil and toss in broccoli florets and about 2 cloves minced garlic. Drizzle over with a dash more olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Broil on hi about 10-15min, until broccoli is bright green. Immediately after taking it from the oven, splash with about 1 tsp fresh lemon juice.

Risotto is always my go to dish. also can do something Italian like eggplant Parmesan or a few quiches or frittatas and a big salad.

I think this is a great recipe--you could serve the goat cheese on the side.

A fritatta is always nice--I love making them because no recipe is required, you can use whatever you have in the refrigerator or pantry and it doesn't have to be served hot.

I'm with phyllis about the eggplant or zucchini parmesan, too.