I'd like advice re. the best priced best ice cream/sorbet maker; I am better gardener than cook so not current with what's best and what will last.

asked by Drue about 1 year ago
Sadie_crop
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

I absolutely love my Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet and Ice Cream maker. It has an insert you have to freeze overnight and makes the product to a soft-serve consistency, which then has to be transferred to another container and frozen a while longer to the proper consistency.

Chris_in_oslo

I have two Cuisinarts. That way, I always have one insert ready to go. It would make more sense to have one machine and two inserts, but they are inexpensive enough that it's okay to have two.

Yes, I have the Cuisinart too and it works great. I can't figure out why they won't sell you an extra insert separately for those occasions when you need to make more than 1 1/2 quarts or two different flavors.

Wholefoods_user_icon

my Cuisinart has been a friend for a LONG time and has never let me down. I don't have two, but I always keep the clean bowl in my freezer to be ready any time I am. This link is to the one I have with the addition of a facelift:

http://www1.macys.com/shop...

Cumberland_pass_atv_trip_-_july_20__2013_019

I love my Cuisinart, too! Works great, has lasted for years, and not too costly if you google it.

2007-09-11e-s4

My niece gave me a Cuisinart a few years ago as a birthday gift. I keep the insert in my extra freezer all the time and use it often. In order to make amounts larger than 1 1/2 quarts, I will chill the base to about 35-38°F in the 'fridge. That way I can do two loads in the chilled insert.

Chris_in_oslo

UPDATE, just noticed that Cuisinart IS currently offering extra bowls.