A question about a recipe: Lemony Cream Cheese Pancakes with Blueberries

Pancakesblueb

I have a question about the recipe "Lemony Cream Cheese Pancakes with Blueberries" from ENunn. Can this batter be made the night before, refrigerated, and cooked in the morning?

asked by annb123 12 months ago
532719_3658538260807_1195156242_32905581_1657496368_n_2

You can blend the wet ingredients together, cover and store in fridge overnight. Mix together the dry ingredients, cover and store on counter overnight. In the morning you can blend the two together and make your pancakes. If you mix wet and dry together the night before, your pancakes won't be as fluffy because the baking powder/soda will have lost a lot of their rising properties.

I think if you made this batter once you'd be surprised how quickly it will come together the 2nd time. You don't need to let any yeast rise so we're really talking 15 minutes including the time it takes to whip and fold in the egg whites. I would organize everything the night before, measure all dry ingredients etc. but make the batter in the morning. I'm certain whoever get's to eat them won't be concerned with an extra 15 minutes.