🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Louisa's Cake

032211f_288

I have a question about the recipe "Louisa's Cake" from SML Office. I made the Louisa Cake last night and, while the flavor was delicious, my cake turned out very moist and dense. The description says it should be "light and airy." What can I do to fix this for next time?

asked by za'atar about 1 year ago
Image

Based on the ingredients for this cake, I would myself know before making the cake that it would not necessarily be light and airy, but more like a butter or pound cake. This being said, however, other things do contribute to the lightness of a cake. First, you really want to make sure you beat the sugar and butter until it is indeed very creamy and fluffy, for lack of a better expression. Second, you want to make sure the flour is well incorporated into batter, but you don't want to overbeat the batter because this can result in a heavier cake. However, I think that whoever makes this cake will see it is not necesarily "light and airy" but more along the line of what you described, that is very moist and dense. I have yet to make it myself, I admit; but I don't think I am wrong. D) Also the picture of the cake seems to show a cake that is more "moist and dense" than "light and airy." Nothing wrong with that though.

Image

One more thing. You may also want to experiment with beating the egg whites separately until it forms soft peak and, as the last step, gently fold it into the batter. Doing this usually makes a cake lighter.