🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: Chocolate Dump-It Cake

Dump-it_cake

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Dump-It Cake" from Amanda Hesser. My chocolate,butter, water mixture looks like its not blended together. Is this ok?

asked by Anitac about 1 year ago
Image

Hi anitac. I've made this cake several times, and I can't picture what you mean. Do you just need to blend it better? Did you leave out the sugar? I think once you mix in the milk and eggs, it will all emulsify and be fine.

Thanks so much for your answer. It looked blended in the bowl but when it went up the sides you could see that the chocolate and the butter were separate. Does that make sense? Did you cake have a rough looking texture on top? About to pull out of oven will let you know!

Image

It does make sense--I hope it turns out ok. (It's delicious.)