🔔
🔎

How can one make one's "Saved" recipes on food52 more usable? I have 350 saved and cannot for the life of me figure out how to search within my saved recipes. I don't have time to scan through 35 web pages, so I end up just doing a regular search . . .and then, if it's for something involving a lot of ingredients that are commonly used, I'm back where I started (scanning page by page). Any ideas? Any workarounds? Help!!

asked almost 4 years ago

Good question! I've wondered the same thing! I have 17 web pages saved, and I've resorted to doing general searches on the site rather than searching the recipes I've saved because it's so cumbersome.

I thought the very same thing a couple of hours ago searching for grilled pepper cheese sandwiches for lunch today. I have way too many saved recipes, all worthy and no easy way to find the one. There I was thinking it served me right for creating such a monster of saved recipes. I sure someone will come up with something. Please, "save" me.

Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Yes, I agree the search capabilities are slim.

I'm having the same problem. I wish there was a recipe folder like on other sites...

Scan0004

I use Delicious, so everything is tagged. That's working pretty well so far. I also copy the recipes (by hand), so I have small sheets of paper of 'why not make this very soon?' recipes... which need organizing too. Another 'be careful what you wish for.'

Merrill

Thanks for your comments, everyone. We're working on some related improvements, so stay tuned!

Me_by_barbara_tyroler

The price of a very successful and fabulous website!

I would just make a bookmark folder on your browser with the recipes you want to keep. That way, you can have easy access to a drop-down menu of all the recipes and quickly find the one you want.

New_years_kitchen_hlc_only

Nora, I agree that it's a fabulous website. I was not complaining, but simply asking to see if anyone had any workarounds. Jon Palmer's sounds like a reasonable solution that has the added benefit of getting me to use more regularly bookmark folders for organizing. Will probably set up subfolders for Must Try, Sounds Good, etc. with seasonal and other organizing principles incorporated in the system. Recipes that I've tried and liked will be downloaded to PDF and saved on my laptop (as I'm doing now) .