🔔
🔎

i bought sausages from the amish, does anyone have any ideas on how to cook them.

asked by lsakolsky almost 4 years ago
Lynn4

You need to tell me what kind of sausage? Venison? Breakfast etc

pork

Cakecake

If you search the site, there are several recipes that use pork.

Around here, we like to brown them on all sides, prick them all over with a fork, then add a little water to the pan, cover them, and cook them on low for about 15 minutes.. remove the lid and let the water cook off, then throw in some sliced onion, peppers, garlic, and dried oregano and basil. Serve on hot dog buns topped with the pepper/onion mixture and provolone cheese.

Cakecake

sorry, several recipes that use pork SAUSAGE. :)

Pork, well smoked or unsmoked, and are you looking for recipes or just how to get it cooked?

just how to cook them

The Amish just happened to run over the pigs with their horsecarts, right?

I would go with a choucroute garnie, say sausage, sauerkraut, pork chops and Amish road kill with some bay leaf. Prick the sausage all over with a fork. Smother with kraut and pork chop. And that's at least a starting point....

Don't prick them!

put them in a pan, with a touch of oil, over a lowish flame. Cover and give them the occasional turn. They'll caramelize beautifully. I'm assuming natural casings, BTW...