🔎

• 8

• 431

i bought sausages from the amish, does anyone have any ideas on how to cook them.

Lynn4
ChefBourinaris added over 3 years ago

You need to tell me what kind of sausage? Venison? Breakfast etc

lsakolsky added over 3 years ago

pork

Cakecake
campagnes added over 3 years ago

If you search the site, there are several recipes that use pork.

Around here, we like to brown them on all sides, prick them all over with a fork, then add a little water to the pan, cover them, and cook them on low for about 15 minutes.. remove the lid and let the water cook off, then throw in some sliced onion, peppers, garlic, and dried oregano and basil. Serve on hot dog buns topped with the pepper/onion mixture and provolone cheese.

Cakecake
campagnes added over 3 years ago

sorry, several recipes that use pork SAUSAGE. :)

nutcakes added over 3 years ago

Pork, well smoked or unsmoked, and are you looking for recipes or just how to get it cooked?

lsakolsky added over 3 years ago

just how to cook them

The Amish just happened to run over the pigs with their horsecarts, right?

I would go with a choucroute garnie, say sausage, sauerkraut, pork chops and Amish road kill with some bay leaf. Prick the sausage all over with a fork. Smother with kraut and pork chop. And that's at least a starting point....

innoabrd added over 3 years ago

Don't prick them!

put them in a pan, with a touch of oil, over a lowish flame. Cover and give them the occasional turn. They'll caramelize beautifully. I'm assuming natural casings, BTW...