Just got some artisanal truffle salt as a gift - what are some yummy ways to use it?

asked by @Mya_Lwin 9 months ago
Baci1

My favorite use for truffle salt is on baked potato. It provides a such richness that I don't even feel the need to add butter.

Good answers so far. Flatbreads, cutlets etc. The important thing is to hit them with the salt while the dish is still hot. Unfortunately truffle salt (depending on the truffle used) will give you a pleasing smell once the jar is first opened but it tends to dissipate, sadly, over a fairly short period of time.

Photo(7)
Rebecca Vitale

Rebecca is a Recipe Tester for Food52

popcorn! with lots of butter

Image

A restaurant in downtown Philadelphia that I love does truffled popcorn as a bar snack an it is AMAZING. I've tried to make it myself at home with truffle oil and it was never quite the same; I didn't think to use butter and truffle salt though!!

Londoneatslogo

How about salted chocolate truffles with real truffle...works with a dark chocolate. Just be careful how much you use...you want to get just a hint of the earthy flavour, but not too much.

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet