🔔
🔎

What wine to serve with tomato soup and grilled cheese?

asked by Debra Bremer about 1 year ago

Pinot Noir

Chris_in_oslo

Pinot noir is French for "goes with everything."

Fsm
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

I love this question. I usually drink beer with that, but for wine... well, both the foods are pretty sweet, so I would go with a dry wine. Maybe a dry white. Then again, red wine with tomatoes isn't too bad either. For red, I would use Barolo as it has a nice round flavour without being too sweet, to balance cheese and tomatoes.

Are you willing to tell us more about the special occasion? It's not everyday people ask this kind of question.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's answers.

I would have a dry white also. Probably a Sauvignon blanc. I am by no stretch of the word a wine snob, so/and/but I would probably have Nobilo or Kim Crawford. Cheap, cheerful, and tasty.
Also, can I come for dinner? I will bring the wine.

P1291120

Champagne, of course! :)

Sleepin_rache_circa_92

There are some great answers above! But for my two cents...
Other than a wine you like of course, I would say try and pair it to the cheese in your sammich. Here is a link for a quick cheat sheet that will help you choose what wines may go well with what types of cheeses. Good luck!