can I use Antimo Caputo flour for pastry?

I'd like to make pumpkin pie, but the only flour I have is Antimo Caputo Chef's Flour "00". Will it work?

asked by Joyce over 1 year ago
0481d850-a5c4-4338-8e0a-12823bc9a7ec.img_0200

Yes. Everything I've read on when web as well a makers website state it can be used. Let us know how it works out if you do choose to use it. Thanks

Eb515e78-7387-4e72-b91d-acfa26b55b99.default-full

ok, so I did use the Antimo Caputo '00' flour instead of all-purpose (because I ran out of all purpose flour). The aroma of the Antimo Caputo is lovely and very bread-like. But not really good for pastry-making. At least not for a pumpkin pie. Also, the crust was tough -- maybe due to my inexperience, or maybe the flour is too fine? The pie was delicious, even though the crust wasn't the best. Next time I bake a sweet pie, I'll be sure to have all-purpose flour on hand. Good experience, though, and I might try to make bread with the Antimo Caputo. BTW, I love this siteā€¦.the community is so helpful! Thanks and happy holidays to everyone.