Can stuffing be prepared the day before.

asked by theresa 10 months ago
Dsc00859_2

Yes, I did it last year. It was fine. You can either assemble it and finish baking on T-giving day or you can bake it the day before and warm it up before serving. It's a pleasure to have everything done and only the turkey to roast on Thanksgiving day.

3-bizcard

I agree with creamtea, I always make my dressing the day before and bake the day of. The ingredients have a chance to really get cozy and I think it actually tastes better.

Junechamp

Oh, I hope you will! It will make your Turkey Day so much more pleasant with that dish out of the way.

Farmer's_market

Yes, as long as you're baking it in a dish, not stuffing it in the bird. Another approach - I do all the prep the day before - chop/sautee the vegetables, get the stock, toasted bread cubes, etc. ready - then it just takes a few minutes to toss it all together bake it on the actual day.

Cumberland_pass_atv_trip_-_july_20__2013_019

I prepared by stuffing/dressing in a dish the day before Thanksgiving and baked it on Thanksgiving Day. I did add a little extra broth to moisten it before baking. I also prepared a mashed potato casserole the day before and baked it on Thanksgiving. Both dishes baked while the turkey rested. It worked beautifully!

Susan.streit
carbonarasuz

Susan is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Another tip, I find that covering my stuffing with buttered aluminum foil helps to keep it from sticking.