My pie crusts are perfect before going into the oven. I fill them pull of beans on top of parchment, and the edges sag awfully.

147047_my_pie_crusts_are_perfect_before_going_into_the_oven._i_fill_them_pull_of_beans_on_top_of_parchment__and_the_edges_sag_awfully._

I am using Ina Garten's pie crust recipe. Why are the edges sagging? I'm blind baking the crusts.

asked by stagneskitchen 9 months ago
Pict1821

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

That looks beautiful! This thread has some ideas that might help for next time: http://food52.com/hotline...

Thanks a ton! This is great!

Dscf2055

You probably need to bake the crust a little longer before actually taking out the beans. How dark are your edges? Are they a warm brown? Or are they whiter and barely set? The crust will sag for sure if it's not baked and doesn't have enough structure.

Have you tried freezing your crust for about 30 minutes before blind baking it? This + the dried beans will help prevent shrinkage of the crust.

Thanks. Going to try this.