🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

A question about a recipe: "Great Pumpkin" Truffles

Truffles-3

I have a question about the recipe ""Great Pumpkin" Truffles" from Oui, Chef. Is is possible to make these then freeze them? I'd like to make some to ship to friends, and I'm hoping freezing them will help them last longer. Thanks for your help!

asked by CarlaCooks 11 months ago
Monita_photo

You could freeze them but it may cause discoloration of the chocolate

Thanks for your response, Monita. I think I'll just keep them in the fridge and hope for the best :)

Hopefully someone with more chocolate expertise than me can weigh in, but I think refrigeration may have the same discoloration effect as freezing. It's about the change in temperature. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the optimal way is to store them.

Junechamp

I don't generally ship truffles, and when I do, it's 2nd day air. Depends upon how you finish your truffles. If you go traditional and roll them in cocoa, (ir even ground nuts, powdered sugar or coconut) you can refrigerate them just fine, because the appearance will not be affected. If you've dipped them in tempered chocolate, you may experience some bloom on the coating.