Monita_photo

I would use a semi -sweet chocolate . Schaffenberg makes one that 'a very good but you could also use ghiardeli or another supermarket brand. . But not unsweetened

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

What Monita said -- you can use any kind of chocolate that you like!

How_to_make_a_custard_part_1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I don't want to split hairs but "semi-sweet" is not officially "dark" chocolate. Semi-sweet (which is actually a made up name, as there are only three kinds of chocolate, or, specifically, one type of dark chocolate) is usually quite sweet - a make up of at least 45% sugar. If semi-sweet had a percentage marked on the package, it would probably say 48 - 55%. That's a lot sweeter than a 70%, for example.

If a recipe calls for dark chocolate, just about any brand will do, but I would stick with 70% as a standard go-to percentage. Sometimes a recipe will be quite sweet and need a darker chocolate for balance.

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

You are always welcome to split hairs, Shuna! Thanks.

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet