🔎

Dinnerlist-shareyourfood-2
fayehess added 3 months ago

nut flours can go rancid pretty quickly if they are kept at high temp's or in direct sunlight. It should be dated on the bag, but if you taste it with a dip of your finger you'll notice right away if it isn't fresh. It will taste like a nut gone bad or just plain old.

Chris_in_oslo

What a lot of contradictory info on the internet! But personally I've kept it in the freezer for more than a year.

ATG117 added 3 months ago

I also keep it, as well as most of my other nut flours, in the freezer.

Maedl added 3 months ago

Unless you freeze it, chestnut flour should be used very soon after it is produced. Figure the chestnuts are harvested in September or October--I’d try to use it up before the following spring.

How_to_make_a_custard_part_1

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I keep my chestnut flour in the fridge and it hasn't gone bad in over a year. But you must absolutely buy it from a trusted source, otherwise you could be buying flour that has already gone off.